637. “mind of an endurance runner”

to truly endure requires
the wisdom to know when to -
and when not to go… 🦊❤️

After a year long training regime and tons of logistical and race planning for a 550 mile race in Vermont, my son Kevin became injured right before race day and decided that he could not safely compete. He is already moving forward to become healed so he can begin to train for the race next year. I applaud his wisdom and courage in making this difficult decision. I admire his resiliency so I created a ceramic work of art for him to act as an additional motivational tool and to remind him of his wisdom and courage to know when to say, “No!”. I am extremely grateful that I have my art to use to negotiate the ups and downs of my life and the lives of others when I can use it that way too. Kevin chose the words to use in this piece. This piece is a take of a recent ceramic piece that I did entitled “The Seat of Consciousness”. (See link below).  I will share when fired and glazed. 🦊❤️