748. ethan the cotton candy man

miles and miles of aisles
maybe ‘round the world miles
“cotton candy here!!!!” 🦊❤️

The first time I saw Ethan the Cotton Candy Man had to be at least 25 years ago at old Veteran’s Stadium in Philadelphia. Me and my son Kevin spent a lot of our time at Phillie’s game watching him go up and down those steep aisles diligently and assertively barking out the words, “Cotton Candy Here!!!!”  He was all business when selling cotton candy.  We would imagine and joke about him practicing his trade at home and conditioning himself during the off season to be the best cotton candy seller he could be. I took Kevin’s picture with him at the very last game held at Veteran’s Stadium. We told him how much we admired his style of cotton candy selling. It was the first time we ever saw him smile. When I saw Ethan yesterday from the 300 level of Citizens Bank Park I ran down and marveled at his unchanged style of selling. I took his picture. I sent it to Kevin. We both were amazed and grateful Ethan was still at it.  The world has changed… but Ethan the Cotton Candy Man has stayed the same. 🦊❤️