692. memories of my uncle and grandma

tommy’s new collar
so full of flowers and frills
no matter to him  🦊❤️

Tommy just can’t seem to keep a collar on.  Today he was outfitted with a new one that was very flowery and frilly.  It was SO not Tommy.  He can be a ferocious defender of his turf and protector of those who he values. Cats like Tommy just don’t wear frilly collars I thought.   It brought to mind an incident from my childhood.  As a small kid I used to spend a lot of time at my uncle’s house in the neighborhood. My uncle loved to knit and crochet and plant flowers and do art.  He was known for his very extravagant style of dress.  He was quite different than the other men I knew.  He taught me to knit and to crochet and I loved watching him make art. One day I brought home a small crocheted  mat that he taught me to make. I showed it to my grandmother and she said, “That’s really nice Danny, just don't let your Dad see it!” I asked, “Why?”  She simply said, “Just because!” Times change.  I love you more than ever Grandma, I would never cancel you.” Love you too Uncle D, thanks for all that you taught me!!! Times change over time… but Tommy still needs a ferocious collar to suit his rough and tumble life in my humble opinion. 🦊❤️