684. elvis and the stars

 

every star is born
every star has fuel to burn
every star will die 🦊❤️
•••
starry, starry night
so many light years away
are you still shining? 🦊❤️
•••
elvis - what a star
gospel, gals, and the colonel
oh… such a black hole… 🦊❤️
•••
rhinestone collars… capes
caricature of himself
viva las vegas 🦊❤️

The plant in this photograph is a “Button Bush”.  It fascinated me to see the blossoms in various states of development.  I thought of stars in the sky that are born as fiery monsters…destined to implode into dead, dense black holes. I also thought of the movie “Elvis” that I saw the night before.  The starry growths reminded me of his jeweled collars and capes that he wore in his final years of performing. Elvis and the stars have so much in common. Such a sad and tragic end for that music legend. The sadness of the end was so dense… His music lives on! 🦊❤️